Sponsorship Appeals:

If you are a citizen of Canada or a permanent resident and the Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) refused the application to sponsor the immigration of a close family member to Canada, you may appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB).

You can appeal to the IAD within 30 days of the refusal.  Sometimes, sponsorship appeals go through an informal process known as an alternative dispute resolution (ADR). In almost all cases a hearing of the appeal will be held.