QUEBEC BUSINESS IMMIGRATION
Quebec Investor class open, Entrepreneur Self-Employed class remain closed
Need a free consultation?
We assess your eligibility across all possibilities.
Quebec Business Immigration Program
There are 3 permanent immigration opportunity available to prospective business immigration applicants under Quebec Business Immigration Programs.
- Entrepreneur program
- Investor program
- Quebec Self Employed Worker program
Choosing any of these 3 programs is based on your interest, aspirations and your eligibility to apply for the program.
- At least 300,000 CAD net combined asset (if applicable) legally obtained. Conditions apply.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in running legal and profitable business which applicant manage alone or with an accompanying spouse or common-law controlling equity to the tune of 25%.
- Your experience in running a business means performing actual full time duties and responsibilities related to planning, control and management of financial, material and human resources.
- Full time is devoting all their working time managing that business during the period of experience
Application Program components
- Ability to carry out a business project component.
- Acquisition of business in Quebec component
For the first one you must submit a business project. In that you must control at least 25% of equity with minimum value of 100,000 CAD.
Acquisition of business in Quebec means buying an existing business with a minimum 25% capital equity in a business with a value of at least 100,000 CAD (conditions Apply)
Other factors considered in these programs are:
- Applicant’s Age
- Your training
- Your Language Skills
- Your Qualification
- Your knowledge of Quebec
There are certain other conditions as well to follow if you get a visa. Business in commercial, industrial, agricultural sectors will only qualify and Quebec immigration is a two-step process.
Quebec Investor Program
The key to Quebec Investor program is your interest in settling in Quebec by participating and making an investment in Quebec’s vibrant economy.
- Applicant’s only or combined with spouse or common-law partners net asset 1600,000 CAD. It should be legally obtained.
- Applicant must have experience in management in one of the qualifying business where the staff must occupy minimum equivalent of 2 full time jobs excluding the investor.
- Experience must be for at least 2 years within qualifying period in duties related to the planning, management and control of financial, material or human resources under the applicant’s control. Qualifying experience has other conditions as well.
- Invest 800,000 CAD with intend to settle in Quebec. Investor need to sign an agreement (conditions apply).
- Factors such as applicant’s age, training obtained and language skills are also important to get a Selection Certificate from MIDI.
Additional Information’s Useful to Prospective Investors
- Investment is guaranteed by Government of Quebec.
- Can arrange finance to make an investment from designated lenders.
- Revenue generated by the investment will be used to finance provinces business assistance programs.
- At the end of the term the designated company will reimburse the amount deposited within 30 days.
Self Employed Worker Program
If you are interested in immigrating to Quebec by creating your own employment and practicing in a trade or profession, you may want to consider Quebec Self Employment Worker Program. You must be eligible for this program if you:
- Create your own job by practicing a profession or trade on your own account.
- Net asset of at least 100,000 CAD that have been obtained legally.
- Have minimum 2 years’ experience in your trade or profession you would like to practice.
- Applicant’s age and age of accompanying spouse if applicable.
- Your professional training and experience.
- Your language ability.
- Your knowledge about Quebec and your qualities.
Quebec Program Quota Update
|Quebec Program||Quota||Status||Open for||Intake period|
|Investor||1900||Open||B2 French||May 29, 2017 – February 23, 2018|
Not Yet Open
April 1st, 2017 – March 31, 2018
Not Yet Open
|N/A||April 1st , 2017 – March 31st , 2018|
Not Yet Open
Valid Job Offer + PEQ
|Not Yet Announced|
If you have advanced intermediate level French knowledge which you can demonstrate by an approved language test recognized by MIDI, you can submit your application until March 31,2018 regardless of quota in investor class.
1330 applications are reserved for foreign nationals from China, Hong Kong, Macao.
Permanent Workers priority processing will be for:
- Applications submitted under PEQ.
- Applications with a valid job offer.
- Applications with points for factor area “training”.
Under permanent workers program candidates who can submit application any time:
- With valid job offer.
- PEQs with valid status.