PARENT/ GRANDPARENT SPONSORSHIP
This program is not open now and a 2017 cap of 10,000 applications already accepted
Need a free consultation?
We assess your eligibility across all possibilities.
Parent Grandparent Sponsorship
PARENT GRANDPARENT SPONSORSHIP
The Parent and grandparent program is currently closed with a cap of 10,000 applications filed online from the first week of January 2017 until end of February , 2017 when it was reopened. Since no reopening date has yet been set, applicants will have to wait.
There are provisions for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in the family Class sponsorship program. The parents and grandparents that are successful under this program will get Canadian permanent residence and may have the opportunity of applying for Canadian Citizenship after four (4) years. Following are the criteria that must be met to be eligible for the Family Class sponsorship.
- If the sponsor lives in Quebec and an extra “undertaking” must be signed.
- The sponsor must be over the age of 18 years.
- The sponsor must be a permanent resident or Canadian citizen
- The sponsor must have the necessary minimum income level for this program (if married or in a common-law relationship, the income of both can be included)
- The sponsor must sign an undertaking to repay any government social assistance benefits paid to the sponsored and accompanying family member(s), if any, for a period of 20 years (Undertaking).
There is a need for sponsors to show that they pass the minimum income requirements by showing the notices of assessment issued by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) in support of their sponsorship application and must also indicate that they met the minimum necessary income level for three consecutive financial years.