MAKE A REFUGEE CLAIM
You can make a refugee claim at a POE or Inland Office
Need a free consultation?
We assess your eligibility across all possibilities.
Make a Refugee Claim
How to Make Claim for Refugee Protection in Canada
To be able to claim refugee protection, you firstly need to notify a border services or immigration officer.
- You will be required to fill out several IRCC forms.
- You will be required to fill out a Basis of Claim Form (BOC).
- You should review the information found in the National Documentation Package which pertains to your claim.
- If your claim is referred to the RPD, you will be required to attend a hearing to explain your circumstances and tell your story.
- You must always inform yourself of and respect your obligations in relation to the IRB.
- The RPD member will decide whether you should be granted protected person status in Canada.
- You have a right to be represented by counsel in your proceeding before the RPD at your own expense