With a Canadian passport you can travel to so many countries visa free
Need a free consultation?
We assess your eligibility across all possibilities.
Eligibility for Canada Citizenship
- Age 18 years or older
- Must be a PR of Canada
- Must be physically present in Canada in the last six years before your application (time spent living in Canada prior to becoming permanent residence counts as half day towards eligible days).
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge of either of Canada’s two official languages
- Pass citizenship test
- Not be subject to a removal/Deportation order
- Not a security risk or be admissible to Canada
- Take an oath of citizenship
Citizenship Appeal Process
If a Citizenship application is denied, you can appeal the decision to the Federal Court within 60 (Sixty) days. A Federal Court Judge will make a decision at a Judicial hearing whether the decision was reasonable or not and based on the judgement you may or may not re-apply.
CIIS will help you to:
- Fill out the application for citizenship
- Make sure all supporting documents are complete and valid
- Assist in completion of the Questionnaire if you wish to
- Prepare you for the Citizenship interview.
- Provide you all the resources to help you pass the citizenship test
- Arrange to represent you for Citizenship appeals in the federal Court (if needed)