You can check if a person is licensed to represent immigrants or to give advice.

Citizenship or immigration consultants must be a member of the:
Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council.
Lawyers or notaries must be a member of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society, or the Chambre des notaires du Québec.
Paralegals (Ontario only) must be members of the Law Society of Upper Canada
If they are not members in good standing, you should not use their services.

Most law societies let you check online to see if a person is a member in good standing.

Pin It

Leave a Comment